The Hospital Council of Northwest Ohio (HCNO) represents member hospitals and health systems, and advocates on their behalf through a politically neutral forum. HCNO also provides collaborative opportunities for members and community partners to enhance the health status of northwest Ohio residents. HCNO has Voting, Affiliate and Associate members.
Other membership benefits include:
- Coordination with both the Ohio Hospital Association and American Hospital Association.
- Advocacy on key healthcare issues and topics, including opiate addiction, infant mortality, advance care planning, the Affordable Care Act and Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement.
- Committee meetings to help hospital administrative staff stay abreast of legislation, The Joint Commission requirements and other topics, as well as professional networking opportunities.
- Participation in numerous community health improvement, disaster preparedness and other regional programs.
- Access to various surveys, such as semi-annual wage/benefits compensation studies and monthly hospital utilization reviews.
- The opportunity to participate in the Northwest Ohio Regional Trauma Registry.
- Group facilitation, assistance with news releases, and other programs and services as requested.
To become a member, please contact HCNO President and CEO W. Scott Fry at firstname.lastname@example.org. All membership applications must be approved by HCNO’s Board of Trustees. Dues vary according to the type of membership and hospital size.